Aluminum PCB , also,it is called Aluminium PCB,metal core PCB,mcpcb, IMS(Insulated metal substracte).
Aluminum PCB have 3 parts:
1.Circuit Layer (Copper Layer)
This is printed circuit copper foil layer, From 1.0 oz up to 8 oz (35um-280um). Min.Trace/space 5/5mil(0.127/0.127mm)
2.Dielectric Layer(Insulated Layer)
There are very good price and delivery time if the raw material made in China and Taiwan, we also,have many customer who choose Bergquist Thermal-Clad and Larid Tlam material,strict meet customer’s Requirement to manufacture the ALPCB.
3.Substrate Layer(Metal layer)
There are 4 types Aluminum, 1001, 3001, 5052, 6063. If no requirement of this from,we used 5052 for High thermal conductivity (2.0 W/m.k or more) , AL1001,AL3001 for 1.0 w/m.k to 1.5 W/m.k
Aluminum Clad PCBs
Available as 1 layer Non-Plated Through Hole (single sided)， And 2+ layer Plated through Hole. Ideal application for LED lighting, power supply solutions. Aluminium Clad Benefits Include:
- Lower operating temperature.
- Reduce printed circuit board size.
- Increase power density.
- Extend the life of dies.
- Reduce the number of interconnects.
- Improve product thermal and mechanical performance.
- Combine power and control.
- Improve product durability.
- Enable better use of surface mount technology.
- Expedite heat sinks and other mounting hardware.
- Replace fragile ceramic substrates with greater mechanical durability
Price is based on the requirement of LED PCB
1. PCB thickness: 0.6 – 3.0mm, always thickness more ,price higher
2. Thermal conductivity: 1.0 – 10 W/m.k , thermal conductivity higher, price higher
3. Material factory: Bergquist, Laird ETC, made in US factory that is more expensive than China.
Technical options for metal core circuit boards
|Andwin MCPCB Technical||Capability|
|Board thickness||Maximum (mm)||3.0||5.0|
|Panel size||Maximum (mm)||600x1500||/|
|Layer count||Aluminum PCB||1-4||8|
|Thermal Conductivity||Aluminum PCB(w/m.k)||0.8 to 10|
|Drilling||Minimum drill diameter (mm)||1.0||0.8|
|2 Layer ALPCB Via||0.3||/|
|Other brand per customer||Yes||/|
|Final finishing||HASL Lead Free||Yes||/|