Affects the circuit board side etching factor
- Etching method: Soaking and bubbling etching will cause larger side etching, and splash and spray etching will reduce side etching, especially spray etching.
- The type of etching solution: Different etching solutions have different chemical compositions, the etching rate is different, and the etching coefficient is also different. For example, the etching coefficient of the acidic copper chloride etching solution is usually and the etching coefficient of the alkaline copper chloride etching solution can reach.
3. the etching rate: the slow etching rate will cause serious erosion. The improvement of the etching quality has a great relationship with the acceleration of the etching rate. The faster the etching speed, the shorter the time the board stays in the etching solution, the smaller the amount of side etching, and the clear and neat pattern of the etching. These are the results obtained in the production process of the FPC cable factory.
- PH value of the etching solution: When the pH of the alkaline etching solution is high, the side etching increases. In order to reduce the lateral erosion, the general PH value should be controlled below.
- Density of the etching solution: If the density of the alkaline etching solution is too low, the side etching will be aggravated, and the use of an etching solution with a high copper concentration is advantageous for reducing the side etching.
6. copper foil thickness: To achieve the smallest side of the etching of the thin wire etching, it is best to use (super) thin copper foil. The finer the line width, the thinner the copper foil thickness should be. Because the thinner the copper foil is in the etching solution, the smaller the amount of side etching is.